Tuesday 23 February 2010

Workshop - Mug Cozy!


As I have mentioned previously 2010 is the year that I am starting my Patchwork and Quilting teaching career. I have taught 3 workshops since January 1st and today I taught a day workshop at a local church here in Barnsley. We made mug cozies using applique and stitchery techniques. I have posted some photos of my workshop samples below.




I will share more workshop photos soon.
Starting next Tuesday, 2nd March I am teaching a 10 week, 2 hour patchwork and quilting class. Tuition is FREE just provide your own fabric etc. Location is just off Junction 36 of the M1. Anyone like to join me?

Also on April 10th I am teaching in Sheffield for Running With Scissors - details on their website.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jude said...

I'm so pleased for you..
Good luck with course, wish i was closer..I'd sign up!!!!
Nice mug cozies.
x

Heckety said...

Love love LOVE them! What did you use to connect the buttons? rubberbands? doesn't look like it though...

I hope your teaching goes well, and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it! I once read the story of a quilt teacher who told her students to bring their own fabric to class and she spent the whole of the first session going roung and stroking everyone'e fabric! She was mortified when she realised the time was up and all they'd done was talk fabric!!!

Quilthaze said...

The mugs are really cute - a lovely project for a workshop. A free course - wow! I'm very tempted....

Angela said...

Your mug cozys are just wonderful! Good luck with the teaching.