Monday 24 January 2011

Liebster Award

I have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award by my quilting buddy Hazel of Cotton Cocktails. This award highlights smaller blogs that have 300 followers or less. When you receive the award the idea is to nominate 3 - 5 blogs that you enjoy that also have a smaller following.
I am really pleased to accept the award and I nominate the following blogs because I love to read them and I think you should check them out.

1. Art with a needle by Kathleen Loomis.
Kathleen has some interesting ideas about the quilting world. art quilts and improvisational piecing. And lots of great photos.

2. Deb Rowden's Thrift Shop Quilts
I love antique American quilts especially those everyday ones found in thrift shops and antique malls in the US. I am lucky enough to have some that I picked up on my travels - just wish I had more. Deb's blog is a visual treat.

3.Little Welsh Quilts and other traditions by Mary Jenkins.
I also love Welsh quilts. Mary co-wrote one of my favourite books 'Making Welsh Quilts' and I was really pleased to discover that she also writes a blog. I even discovered that I was mentioned on one of her posts regarding the Sundial Quilt in the recent V&A exhibition,

4.Angie Quilts
Angie contacted me after she had seen my sewing machine cover at the Festival of Quilts. I have been following her blog ever since. She is a quilt teacher who writes every week about the progress of her students which is always interesting. She also has tutorials on her blog.

Hope these blogs inspire you as much as they do me.

1 comment:

Kathleen Loomis said...

Janet -- thank you so much! I am so pleased and honored that you like my blog and have nominated it for this award.

artwithaneedle.blogspot.com