Sunday 27 January 2008

Module 2 Colour - Sample 1 Stitch & Slash

I am very aware that it is two months since my last blog entry. I do regret this but Christmas time is very busy for me. However I am pleased to report that Module 2 has been completed and I will post up each of the 8 samples and my resolved piece over the next few days.
I am pleased to report that all 8 of us are still continuing with the course and that I am greatly enjoying working with all of them.

Stitch and Slash or Chenille was our first sample.
Our brief was to use a monochromatic colour scheme as inspired by animals. As a cat lover I chose the cougar and had great fun choosing the fabrics to make up the layers.


This first photo shows my design source and my artwork which is a painting in which I tried to determine the different shades of brown which make up the cougar's fur.

This photo shows my stitched sample alongside the design source. Although it is quite difficult to see in a photo the match is very close and I was very pleased with the result.
This photo shows the whole sample. The top fabric is a mottled one with shades of brown and grey. The layers were made up of grey and brown plain fabrics and the base was a black velvet secured on a calico backing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing! You were the first blog I found when searching "stitch and slash", and I'm glad it was, your work is lovely.