Friday 23 November 2007

Quilt 2007

One of the highlights of the Knitting and Stitching Show for me was Quilt 2007 which I managed to miss at FOQ. I am starting with Quilt Blog by Sarah Impey. I just love Sarah's quilts and this one is so appropriate for me as I have just started blogging!

As you can see the quilt contains a message - hope you can read it from the photo - several people laughed out loud when I watched them reading it!




This quilt is called Tiree by Elizabeth Brimelow and I chose this as one of my favourites partly because I admired the work and partly because I spent a holiday in Tiree in 1988 - it never stopped raining all week!

A close up of Tiree.
This quilt is called The Wonder Pin by Jennifer Hollingdale and I picked this as a favourite because I just love vintage textiles and collecting old needwork items.

This photo shows a close up of the quilt - I loved the way she incorporated vintage textiles into the quilt.


Finally the winning quilt - Shakti - The feminine form of divinity / cosmic energy by Padmaja Krishnan from Calcutta, India.

Since starting my City & Guilds I have enjoyed looking at quilts and other textile arts in a totally new light. Looking forward now to all the quilt shows of 2008 - wonder if I might even manage to submit one of my own? I'd love to try - I'll have to start burning the midnight oil even more than usual!!

No comments: