Tuesday 24 June 2008

Another bag completed!

I am so behind with my blogging! Its not that I haven't being making anything - I've just been so busy. I have been teaching almost full time for the last three weeks so it has been really difficult to fit everything in. Also my eldest son has been busy with exams and has been giving me a lot of stress! Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages of support - the exams are over now but the stress still remains!
Anyway one of the things I have been doing is my BQL June challenge bag. I really enjoyed making this - the colours are not my usual choice because I have made this for a friend who is 83 today! This photo shows the detail - I decided to echo the triangle shape in the quilting rather than doing the free motion stuff. Leaving the 'geese' unquilted has made an interesting effect.
I really love this cute inside pocket made with a couple of left over geese!

I still have loads of City & Guilds work to post which I am hoping to get on with - the course finishes on Saturday (until September) with our open day and Exhibition.

No comments: