For this sample we had to use a stained glass window as our source and I found this one which looks very much like a patchwork block already! Plus I loved the colours of it!
The artwork is a collage of hand made paper painted with acrylic paint. I glued the shapes onto black card to give the stained glass effect.
For my stitched sample I used some of my hand dyed fabrics and I actually used the fusible black tape which was much easier - I didn't even need to bondaweb the shapes although you have to be careful to make sure that it doesn't move as you iron it. I stitched over the black using my twin needle just to secure it. I then quilted it by stitching just inside every shape.
I was very pleased how it turned out although I am not sure I would want to do a whole quilt in this technique. It does give a lovely dramatic effect though!