Monday 7 July 2008

Sashiko Weekend

This weekend I did a Sashiko Workshop with Susan Briscoe which was very enjoyable and has given me lots of ideas of how to use sashiko in my quilts. The photos show the fan which I have completed using the double sided method of sashiko which means that it can be viewed from both sides. I am now thinking about how I can continue this piece.


I can highly recommend taking a workshop with Susan if you get the chance - there are more details about what we did on Susan's blog.
Just a quick update on the girls - they are doing well - the photos show them enjoying the sunshine in their run. However we have decided that they need more space because after the rain over the weekend the run is now more like a mudbath. So we are looking to fence in a much larger area for them. They are laying already - we have had approx 12 eggs in the first week! If you click on the last photo to enlarge it you can see her poor bald neck. Looking forward to when I can show photos of a full feathered neck!

2 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

Hi Janet, now I've had a chance to see how "the girls" are settling in to their new home - great that the cats are getting on well with them too! I'm looking forward to seeing more on your furoshiki - maybe at FoQ? Best wishes, Susan Briscoe

Little Veg Patch said...

We had the same problem with the mud after all that rain, we have ours in an enclosure with patio slabs and wood chippings on top for when they are not free ranging.