Saturday 27 September 2008

CITY & GUILDS MODULE 4 FORM. SAMPLE 3 TUCKS & SUFFOLK PUFFS

The design source for this sample was these mountains which form part of the Painted Desert National Park in Arizona USA. The one I have used is in the background. The next photo shows my drawing next to a close up photo of the mountain.
In the sample I tried to show the different colours and use the tucks to show how the contours of the mountain changed direction.
I painted the background using transfer paints - I had loads of trouble with this because I think my background fabric had too much cotton in it. Anyway after lots of ironing I got it to show clouds very nicely. The suffolk puffs don't perhaps quite work - but we had to include them in the piece and they cover the edges quite well!

No comments: