Thursday 12 November 2009

Halloween Quilt Top Completed.

Remember this quilt? It comes near the top of my UFO list and it is actually the second quilt I ever started. One of these days I will show my first quilt!
As Halloween approached I decided to get it out again and work on it. When we went to Scarborough at half term I found some orange and black which I thought would be perfect for the borders. The reason that it was not finished was because I could not decide on the borders so now I had no excuse.

First I added the stripe border. It is very bright and the jury is out on whether it is the right orange or not but I think it really lifts the quilt - which was in danger of looking a bit dull.



Then I added another narrow black border and finally the wider pumpkin border which I had always known I wanted to end with.


So here is the completed quilt top. I have a very loud Halloween pumpkin print for the backing and I will bind it in black.






3 comments:

Lonci said...

Very impressive, i love this:)

Quilthaze said...

It looks great - especially for a second quilt! Can we see it in real life next weekend please?

Heckety said...

Oh definately it works!It looks great. I like the fabric in the stars, kind of unusual it seems but can't figure why...larger print maybe?