Sunday 8 November 2009

Patchwork Bag Workshop

Last month I attended a patchwork bag workshop run by Sheila, a member of my embroidery/quilting group. It was a lovely day and Sheila worked very hard to ensure that we all made a lovely bag.
I chose Kaffe Fassett fabric for my main fabric - this is one of my favourite designs from his range.

The back and front are different and all parts including the sides were quilted before assembling the bag.

Close ups of the quilting.



The bag was lined with another bright print and it also has an internal zipped pocket.
It was quite a fiddly bag to make but it was a great learning experience and I am pleased with the finished item.


4 comments:

Jude said...

You're making me jealous again.....well done your bag is lovely.

Nia Tilley said...

Love your bag Janet. It looks pretty complicated. I love the fabrics, both inside and out.

Heckety said...

Golly that took a lot of work- zips are my bugbear in dressmaking so I don't try them in bags, but they do give a very professional look. I love Kaffe Fassett's fabrics too!

Nancy said...

Love that bag and Kaffe fabrics. How do I get the pattern?