Sunday 24 October 2010

Diamond Blocks


Recently I have been working on Jonathan's university quilt which is titled 'Teenage Angst'! It was started in 2003 when I began a couple of the inevitable Lynne Edwards Sampler Quilts. Strictly speaking this is my second quilt after I started quilting in 2002. One of these days I will have to show my first quilt also made for Jonathan titled 'The Road to Baghdad'!
The colour palette is very restricted - black and grey which matched his mood for most of his teenage years.
It will be 12 blocks and the corners will be foundation pieced diamonds - designed by Jonathan himself.
Here is a view of the paper side of one of the 4 blocks.
Foundation piecing is the only way to get those points to meet at the bottom!
The fabric side after trimming.
Background expanded.
Borders added.
Soon I will show all 12 blocks although a couple of them need small adjustments.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jude said...

Hello, sorry i've not been around lately...I'm really looking for ward to seeing the final result...