Saturday 15 September 2012

Quilts on display at Thorpe Hesley Village Show.

Today we visited Thorpe Hesley village show. The weather was glorious and the show was excellent , a lovely traditional English village show.



Lovely 'Baskets of Plenty'



A category for Victoria sandwich cakes


And amusing vegetable sculptures.



And lots of quilts - many had been made in my classes.


First prize for Kath's cat quilt!



I also loved this crocheted throw - made from school house blocks.


What a lovely day out!

3 comments:

Davina said...

I also love that crochet throw. I have the pattern and am part way through making my second one (although it has been in progress for a couple of years!!)

Kathy said...

I love your cat quilt as I've made dog quilts before:) I would love for you to join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

Janet Clare said...

Sounds like a lovely day out! I've never seen a crochet schoolhouse before- what a great idea!