Saturday 8 September 2012

Festival of quilts 2012

This summer has been a difficult one for me due to the deteriorating health of my mother. However I did manage a short visit to Festival of Quilts in Birmingham England. As usual the quilts were the highlight for me! I concentrated on the modern and scrappy quilts with piecing being my main focus.


Look at this gorgeous Hexie quilt!


Beautiful fussy cutting and use of stripes. The centre of each hexagon rosette is made up of tiny fussy cut triangles. A piecing triumph.
It is called hexagon revolution, made by Sarah Gill of Cambridge England. She used a lot of recycled fabrics, including socks.



What about this gorgeous pineapple quilt? It looks as if recycled shirts could be involved.
The quilt is called 5850 - is this the number of pieces I wonder? It was made by Jilly Meredith from Bridgend as a family gift.


More FOQ quilts to come soon!

1 comment:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Thanks for sharing. Loving that pineapple quilt, could because making of those is on my to do list!