Friday 23 November 2007

Knitting and Stitching Show Harrogate

I had a fab day yesterday at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate yesterday with my dear friends Sheila and Barbara. It was very busy and the parking was a nightmare but it was worth it for the retail therapy and the inspiration.
I met a lovely young woman called Rebecca Shreeve who very kindly allowed me to take these photos. She had won the New Designers Embroiderers Guild / Coats Craft UK award and her little creatures were just so charming! I particularly liked her shrew blanket - the shrews had been appliqued on and then stuffed using a trapunto technique.

Tilly the shrew.


Milton the bat.



Neville the mole sitting on the shrew blanket.

Hope you have enjoyed these photos.

So what did I buy? Lots of things for my City & Guilds - dyes and transfer paints, fabric for dyeing (next months topic), loads of threads for dyeing from Empress Mills which is a shop I really love, some Sashiko panels, pattern for a cat doorstop and pattern for a kitty pincushion. Also I got a darning foot for my Janome so I can start work on free motion quilting which I have only had limited sucess with so far.

No comments: