Monday 7 June 2010

Week 3 Blocks.

I am seriously behind with my posting on these - so need to start catching up!
On week 3 we did a foundation pieced heart which would also lend itself to free piecing of course! Some of my less experienced students found this block a bit confusing so I need to revisit this block in a future class.



The rest of the class was spent working on liberated square in a square blocks which are quick and easy to do with no worrying about matching corners. These blocks were a real hit - everyone seemed to enjoy them! The only problem with them is that the edges of the finished block are on the bias so you need to be careful when joining to another block or adding sashings.

I also made some 6 inch blocks but did not like these as much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: