Friday 30 November 2012

Cheddar Bowties!

Over the last few weeks I have been working on my cheddar bowtie blocks. These were a Bonnie Hunter leader and ender challenge from last year! I decided I didn't like the traditional settings of the block and a visit to google images came up with this alternative setting which I really like. Also , by adding in the plain squares it makes your quilt twice as big! The blocks are 3 inches finished size and the top measures 50 inches square so far.

 Here is a closer view. It will finish with a narrow dark green border and then a border of four patches, currently being made as leaders and enders, in true Bonnie style.

 At the moment I am quilting my Geometric Modern Sampler quilt which I will share soon. I love quilting my own quilts, revisiting each block as I quilt it, but it takes so much longer than I think!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Great layout! Each bow tie shines.