Thursday 13 March 2008

Roswell, New Mexico

Monday we went to El Paso in Texas. We tried to join a tour to cross the border into Mexico but there were not enough people. We decided against walking into Mexico. So it was back on the road and we visited the White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. This consists of vast 'dunes' of pure white gypsum which look like something from a Star Wars film!
Then we drove to Roswell - home of the aliens!
This made me smile when I was on my way to hunt for fabric in Wal Mart!!

Tuesday was spent in Roswell at the various museums and alien themed shops. However I did manage to visit The Calico Cow, the local quilt shop! There is an excellent Art Gallery and Museum in Roswell. The above two photos came from there - the top one is a Georgia O'Keeffe - she is one of my favourites.
I am also excited to report that I have bought a 1930s hand pieced quilt top from an Antique Mall in Roswell - photos will be posted soon!

No comments: