Friday 14 March 2008

Texas and quilts!

Wednesday and Thursday we have been in Texas. First Lubbock, home of Buddy Holly and then on to Amarillo for the start of our Route 66 trip back to Flagstaff Arizona. The photo below is Cadillac Ranch, a famous Texas landmark.

I visited two quilt shops today - the photo shows the middle of a 'Texas' quilt which was on the long arm quilter. In this shop I spent all my money - on vintage feed sacks - more later. There were also loads of antique shops with loads of vintage quilts - so we also bought a feedsack quilt for us to use in our VW camper - pictures to follow.
These next photos are of the 1930s quilt top I bought in Roswell. It has no holes but a couple of the plain pieces are stained. However I have bought some plain feedsack fabric to replace them.

It is all handpieced - about 70 inches square - and I love it! The only problem is that it will need to be hand quilted really to keep the 1930s spirit.
We are now back in New Mexico, at Santa Rosa on Route 66.

No comments: