Monday 6 July 2009

BQL June challenge quilt.

This was made on June 30th - very close to the deadline!
I was not sure whether I would have the time to do it at all as last month was so busy but I was so glad I made the time as it is a lovely little quilt.

One of the reasons that I like to do the BQL challenge quilts is that they make great little samples. Also this was a great 3D technique that I had never tried before.
As usual I used my hand dyed fabrics which are some of my favourite fabrics to use. I will have to dye more soon!

I made it using the quilt as you go method as it would be impossible to quilt between the pleats after they had been twisted. The border has been FMQed with my favourite variegated thread.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jude said...

That' lovely Janet. What size is it?
Colours are so fresh!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.