Friday 3 June 2011

Antique quilt shopping in Illinois


Only managed to visit a couple of antique malls so far but have taken a few photos to share.


Very attractive cot quilt - I really like this block.


Quilts hanging on the walls of the shop. The one below looks like it could have come straight from a Cath Kidston store - proper vintage shabby chic.


The only thing that I bought was this printed feedsack which is in excellent condition. It even has the washing instructions printed at the top. For those of you not familiar with these sacks the idea was that you washed them to remove the printing and then you could use the fabric for other things. Of course I will be keeping it unwashed! I love the fact that it comes from Illinois and has the state outline on it.
A great find for my feedsack collection at $12.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: