Monday 20 April 2009

From Missouri into Kansas


I am a day behind with my blogging due to a stay in a dodgy motel where the internet wasn't working. These photos are from Saturday.
We started in Halltown Missouri in this little antique shop - don't be fooled by its outward appearance - inside it was a goldmine of vintage items. I bought about 10 feedsack pieces, mostly plain white but they are so useful for using with my patterned ones. I also bought some vintage buttons.

This retro drive-in is fully restored and working but sadly we did not have time to wait for the show to start!

Then we crossed into Kansas. There is only 12 miles of Route 66 in Kansas. This little diner was nicely restored and its claim to fame was having 'Mater' parked out front.
If you are a fan of the Disney movie 'Cars' you will recognise him.
Shortly after this photo was taken a massive thunderstorm started. Quite appropriate as we were in Kansas!! No sign of the Wicked Witch of the West though!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

blushing rose said...

Your pics are great! How many feedsacks do you have? We are collectors of feedsacks. Pop over to my blog & join me. I'll be back to catch more of your travels.
TTFN ~ Marydon